One portion of the courtyard has not been restored and here is one of the original arches. At the end of the path is what looks to be a water tank or a well. To it’s right is a Peruvian Pepper Tree that was the first in California, planted in 1830. This portion of the mission is used as a retreat and is not open to the public.
Mission San Luis Rey